Where the Money Goes?
Thank you for your support of the ALS Society of BC. We are committed to improving the quality of life of ALS patients, their families and caregivers. We launch new initiatives and build on existing programs through donor feedback and results from our annual Patient Priority Survey. Your gift will help continue and enhance the ALS Society of BC programs.
Did you know:
There is a tax credit of 20% on your initial $200 donation. This means your $200 donation cost you only $160. After the initial $200 donation, the tax credit will be at 43.7%. This means that every donation (after the initial $200) will cost you only $56.30.
Important Note for On-Line Donations
Please note that an official tax receipt will be issued under the cardholder's name. The Income Tax Act does not permit us to issue tax receipts to anyone other than the donor (the person whose name is on the credit card).
This will mean that if a donation was made by an individual using a corporate credit card, then the company's name as displayed on the credit card will be used as the "donor name" listed on the Canadian etax receipt, as required by the CRA. Nevertheless, the individual's first & last name, entered during the donation or registration process, will still be listed in their donor/participant profile and in all your reports.
- General Donation
- In Memory of Someone Special
- In Honour of Someone Special
- Monthly Giving Program
- Special Occasions (Birthdays, Weddings and Anniversaries)
- George “Sonny” Williams Memorial Endowment Fund
- David Pendray Memorial Endowment Fund
- Dr. Andrew and Kathleen Eisen Endowment Fund In Support of Patient Services
- Jean Pearmain Endowment Fund
- Karl Watt Endowed Fund
- Victoria Endowed Fund
- Kamloops Endowed Fund
- Donate to an Event
Other Ways to Send Your Donation
- Mail - Download donation form. Mail the cheque and the completed donation form to: ALS Society of BC, 1233 – 13351 Commerce Parkway Richmond, BC V6V 2X7. Cheque should be payable to the ALS Society of BC.
- Pre-authorized debit from your bank account, please download donation form for information or call the ALS Society of BC at 1.800.708.3228 ext. 225
- Fax - Download donation form and fax to 604.278.4257
- Through Payroll Deduction, ask your employer on how simple it is to donate per pay period.
- Monthly Giving Program Form
- Stock Securities Transfer For
- For gift-in-kind equipment donation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1.800.708.3228 ext. 223
Note to our Donors
Please include your e-mail address with your donation if you prefer to receive your tax receipt via e-mail. This will save us postage.
Other Ways to Support the Society